05 October 2007

Hi! My name is Libby and I live in Canada. However, I grew up in a small company town in Northern Idaho called Potlatch. Not a whole lot happens there these days, but one exciting happening is that the old WI&M (Washington, Idaho & Montana) Depot is being restored. This gem of a building has been sitting vacant for several years, losing paint and beginning to sag on both sides. Thanks to a bunch of railroad-obsessed retirees (including my dad), the building is getting a new foundation, new paint job, and new roof. I'm just sad I can't be there to see it! So I've set up this blog to force my dad to keep updates and post photos of the progress. Good luck, Dad! Call me if you have any questions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The WI&M Depot is the oldest commercial building left from the Potlatch, Idaho Company Town era. Built in 1906, it was designed by C. Ferris White, a noted Spokane architect. White also designed the other prominent buildings around Potlatch, and happily, the three anchor buildings --the depot, city hall and the gymnasium--are still standing. City Hall has already been restored, and now the depot!!!!! Each day, the depot changes as it is being brought back to life. Today they will be working on the green window trim, and soon the barn red paint will be applied. Keep watching!!!